11.18.2012

Chick-quamegon 5K

I don't know why I get these "great" ideas for races, but I'm afraid that my friends are going to start hating me because of these bright thoughts. Anyone who signs up for and decides to participate in a 5k in November should be prepared for nasty weather, but it was raining and miserable. I can handle the snow and cold, but the icy wind and rain is definitely not something I signed up for. As you can see below from my beautiful friend:

Haha, sorry E$-- I had to
This was also partly the same route of the end of our half marathon, so it was like we were having terrible flashbacks. Somehow, I ran my fastest time. I believe it's because I wanted it to be over quickly. I ran it in 30:42, which for me, is FAST. E$ and I have been averaging one 5k a month, so we'll see what December brings. I also invited my new friend from work: Ms. K, who ran track in college-- not even fair. The race was a good time. It was women only and they gave out tiaras, a finishers medal (made from wood, a finisher's wood?), and since I paid the seven extra dollars, I received a sweet, pink hoodie. Definitely a race I would do again, hopefully without the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment