12.23.2012

'Tis the Season, I Guess.

If you know me well enough, you know that I absolutely hate Christmas and pretty much everything along with it. However, Mr. X had a hankering for something sweet so we decided to put our bah humbug attitudes aside and make some Christmas cookies. This recipe is from my friend's mom, Ann Marie, the sweetest women on the planet. I've done the research, it's true.

Colors of the rainbow
Recipe:
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. butter, softened
1 egg
1 T. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt


1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Cream the butter and sugar
3. Add the egg, milk, and vanilla
4. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt
5. Add wet ingredients to dry.
6. Dust the counter top with flour and roll out the dough.
7. Cut out cookies and place on an un-greased cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 5-7 minutes. For our oven and thickness of cookie, it took 7.

Icing:
about 1 c. powdered sugar and 1 T. milk-- add more or less to desired consistency and 2 drops of color


My icing skills are surely lacking :) Happy Holidays!
I didn't do the calorie count; I'm just telling myself that they're calorie free.
















No comments:

Post a Comment