3.04.2013

Sausage and quinoa stuffed squash

It's been quite some time since my last post. Basketball took up a lot of my time. We ended with a successful season 16-3 and the varsity ended with only four losses.

Tonight I made this stuffed squash from Fitness Magazine. Normally prep time is 25 minutes but I'm having dizzy spells and vertigo so it took a really long time.

I cut the recipe in half as Mr. X is not a fan of squash.

2 squash
1 c. Chicken broth
1/3 c. Quinoa
1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
4 oz chicken sausage (only had pork)
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c red onion ( only had green)
1/2 c red pepper
3 garlic cloves minced
2 1/2 tablespoons minced ginger
3 oz Gouda ( I used fresh mozzarella)
I added some diced broccoli, mushrooms, and spinach.

1. Preheat to 375
2. Cut squash in half place in dish with one inch water and bake for 45 min
3. Bring broth to a boil and cook quinoa according to package.
4. Heat oil over medium
5. Add sausage, cumin, and salt
6 Add pepper, garlic, and ginger. I added some mushroom, spinach, and broccoli-- add quinoa
7. Stuff squash, add cheese and bake for 30 minutes

Only 309 calories and could easily be vegetarian
(16 protein, 36 carb, 12 fat, 5 fiber, 631 sodium)
4 servings

Not the cutest pic

No comments:

Post a Comment