7.07.2013

Tutu Much Fun

One of my favorite things about my weight loss progress is the different activities I've been able to or willing to participate in. I was either too lazy, self-conscious, or too out of shape to do anything like this. However, my brother's girlfriend invited me on the Tour Da Lake event. This is a bike ride around Lake Gogebic which is 38 miles including five total stops at bars/restaurants. I was surprised about how I was able to do it considering I didn't even have a bike until I signed up. 


About 2,000 calories burned later and one sore bum, we finished. Did I mention we had costumes?
The costumes are of course optional, but ReRe and I dress up whenever we get the chance. We were the fourth of July Fairies. And we were joined by other super heroes:


If you would like to make a tutu, it's quite simple, but a bit tedious (just the cutting). From other sites, they suggested 10 yards of fabric for an adult tutu. It was a bit too much, but it's better to have more. I bought 25 total yards, mixing between red, white, and blue. First, you cut the strips to be 6 inches wide (this was an adventure as I didn't buy 6" tulle). The length is up to you. I chose 28 inches, making the tutu 14 inches long. After all the strips are cut, the simple part begins.

Cut elastic to your waist and subtract 2-3 inches, so it fits snugly. I tied the elastic around a chair to work easier. Fold your tulle in half so the length is half of what you started with (so I went from 28" to 14"). Place this folded piece behind the elastic. Pull both ends of the tulle up through the loop that is at the top. Continue moving around the elastic alternating colors. The knot should look like above. In the end, I fastened a cute bow!

























No comments:

Post a Comment