9.02.2012

5k Fun

At this point in the training, I believe we're about half way through. The half marathon is now coming up quite quickly-- only 6 weeks left. On my schedule this weekend I had to complete a 5K, which seemed quite easy at this point. And luckily, there is the Ed Hansen Memorial Run in Ontonagon, which interestingly enough, was my first 5K ever in elementary school. I "ran" a half marathon 2 years ago and I have not run a race since then so I was actually quite nervous. All the runners out there can guffaw at my time, but I was excited to have done it without stopping and at a 12 minute mile since I've been averaging a 12.5 mile lately--progress, progress. I couldn't run one mile 6 weeks ago. This put a little hop in my step (Is that the saying? I always screw those up).

So here is my good friend E$ and me after the run. It was fun, good weather, and a nice reminder of what fun we'll have in a few weeks.

We stayed after the race for breakfast with T-Ice and his family and then watched the town Labor Day parade. We ended our day with a performance of a local favorite--- Marty's Goldenaires. I also ended with a nice bright red sunburn to show off on the first day of school on Tuesday.

Also, E$ got 1st in the 10K in her division and I took fourth in the 5K. However, I will NOT tell you how many runners were in our events. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment