9.15.2012

Creamy Wild Rice Soup

A little blurry-- my bad
Life has been quite interesting as of late. I hurt my achilles and am now in a boot (prior post... running + Shan + bear hunter = disaster). To add to my pain, I now have a sinus infection brewing. It never fails--every school year it happens. I'm starting to believe it's unavoidable. I've been eating healthily, exercising, using the neti pot, taking vitamin C, and sleeping at least 8 hours. Really, there isn't much else a girl can do. Because of these said issues, I made some homemade creamy wild rice soup that I would love to share with you. It was very delicious.

Needs:
1 c. Minnesota wild rice cooked (does not have to be MN :) )
3 c. chicken broth (made from water and better than bouillon)
1 c. half and half
2 T. butter
1/2 onion (I used yellow)
3 cloves garlic
1/2 c. carrots diced
1 c. mushrooms sliced and diced
1 c. broccoli
thyme (several dashes)
s & p
garlic powder
1/4 c. flour
1/4 c. water

Doing:
1. Melt butter in sauce pan
2. Saute onion and garlic
3. Add thyme, garlic powder, and s&p-- let cook until onions are clear
4. Add cream and broth - let simmer 5 minutes
5. Mix water and flour in a bowl
6. Add (roux?) to soup
7. Add broccoli, carrots, mushroom, and rice

This is after I had a heaping bowl--so darn good.






No comments:

Post a Comment