9.16.2012

Vanilla Rich Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

Something about Fall always gets me in the baking mood. Since I'm not running because of Das Boot, I have some time to bake. I found this recipe in an ad in Cooking Light (although, there's nothing light about this recipe). Thanks McCormick :) They were quite yummy. However, there are almost 3 sticks of butter in these cookies so I can't make them often. Unless I need to pack on some pounds to move up a weight class.

Ingredients:
3 1/4 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/3 c. butter, softened (no joke)
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 c. packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
4 tsp. McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
1 pkg. (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips (I only had chocolate and peanut butter, oh darn)
1 c. walnuts (Mr. X hates nuts, so I avoided)


Whatcha gotta do:
1. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
2. Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium, until fluffy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
4. Gradually stir in flour mixture on low speed.
5. Fold in chocolate chips (and nuts).
6. Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet (2 in. apart)
7. Bake in a preheated 375 oven for 8-10 minutes. Makes 5 dozen (or 40, whoops, large cookies)


The perfect cookie











No comments:

Post a Comment