7.30.2012

From Wisconsin to Montana

I recently had a brilliant idea. I wanted to go on a vacation to see my brother, who I haven't seen since Xmas. We're talkin' 8 months which is a really long time for us, considering he is the male version of me. I waited until last minute to book my airline tickets and they were ridiculously expensive. They were up to 800 dollars. I tried everything: Wednesdays, different airports, so my mom suggested we drive together. It was going to take 23ish hours. Here's the detail for today:

Wake up: 5AM
Drive to Minneapolis (4 hours)
After 5 hours, I gave the wheel to my mom and after 3 hours, I started to feel carsick. Also, I'm a control freak and didn't like letting my Italian mother who talks with her hands driving the car. (My half car which is a 2 door Yaris). Then I drove from 3PM to 10 PM through North Dakota and now we're in Montana! Yay

This is driving through North Dakota. Farm. Farm. Farm

This is a roadside stop near the badlands right when leaving N. Dakota.

Badlands, baby
Since I'm exhausted after a 15 hour day driving, I'm headed to bed. wiped. Food was a interesting--a 15 hour picnic: crackers, PBJs, hard boiled eggs, cheese, milk, veggies & dip, bananas, yogurt, pop, water, coffee, Pringles, and roast beef sandwiches. It's strange. I'm pretty sure that is more than I would ever eat in a 15 hour period at home. My mouth was bored so I also had to occupy with sunflower seeds.

Alrighty, 12 hour day tomorrow and we.are.in.washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment