8.01.2012

Day 2

On Day 2, Mom and I left from Miles City, Montana and drove through Montana which took about 10 hours or so. The first part of Montana was empty and flat and the second half was mountainous and hilly. The problem was, Mom is afraid of heights and any time we'd pass on a ledge of the mountain she couldn't look and would insist I was driving "way too fast" at 60 mph. This is Montana a limit of unenforced 75 mph is acceptable. Then came Idaho. There was only about 45 minutes to drive through. I have never seen that many trees in my entire life. And coming from northern Michigan, that means something. This was dense driving. If you can imagine living in one of those Magic Eye puzzles and looking for the sailboat when you cross your eyes, that is what it's like driving through Idaho. Until, suddenly it opens up into Coeur d'Alene. It's quite beautiful-- all the trees overlooking the water. Then-- Washington.

Best picture I could get in Idaho, but definitely doesn't capture the monstrous amount of trees.
Our guide, British Tim, from the Tom Tom was quite great until we got to my brother's house. We drove 26 hours and got lost the last mile-- figures.

Also, I'm wearing a different pair of sunglasses for each state. I'm cool like that. These are my Washington glasses. Notice how excited I am that we're here. I'm also delirious from lack of sleep and driving 23 of the 26 hours. I must not forget to mention that was about 15 minutes of silence from Mom on this whole trip because she's a chatterbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment