8.08.2012

Days 5-8

Day 5 was a very fun, long day. We started with the usual: Starbucks and a Walmart trip. My whole family hates Walmart, yet I haven't had a day without it. With an iced latte in hand, we set out for a day trip to Coeur d'Alene for the day. It was really busy since it was Hoopfest with a street full of vendors for food and crafts. After a brisket sandwich, we headed to a climb through a bluff to spend some time at Hidden Beach. It was beautiful and the water was fresh and cold like my beloved Lake Superior.

The beautiful beach

My brother and his gf walking on the trail leaving the beach.
Finally we stopped eating at restaurants and made dinner at home. Chaya made squash with peppers and baked talapia with garden rosemary and basil. My brother baked some sweet potato fries and I contributed with a green salad. It was fresh and delicious.

To end the evening, my brother had all his buddies over for some bonfire and beers-- a fulfilling evening.

Days 6-8 flew by pretty quick. They involved a breakfast a Molly's Mess (6 egg omelettes),

Molly's Mess: not sure why they have a puppy dog on their sign
rummage sale-ing, marketing, making dinner (pizza and wings, including nuclear flavored, hottt),

Making crust from my blog: Best. Crust. Ever.
and going home-- a very, very, very, very long trek by this point ( a total of 25 1/2 hours). I won't be in my car for quite some time.

Overall, a good trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment