8.03.2012

Day 4

Day 4 was Grandma Day. We spent the whole day running around and hanging out with grandma for her last day here. We went to an all organic, local place-- Rocket Bakery  in downtown Spokane. I had a delicious turkey wrap with avocado and veggies with an organic Arnold Palmer. Of course, I forgot to take a picture. Afterwards, we went to Runner Soul where young, cute men work and fit you for running shoes. I invested in my first ever pair of Brooks.
Obviously girls because of the color, which I hate, but these are great shoes.
After shopping we drove around Spokane. We went to the lookout over the canyon, which was beautiful. It's not too far from downtown, but it is nestled in a cute, quaint neighborhood.


The trees go on forever.

Before heading to our final event, we went to a park that the city pays for and it was so gorgeous. There are about 8-10 gardens and we saw about 4 of them.

This is the main garden as you enter the park--very manicured, colorful, and beautiful.
Japanese graden (my favorite) with giant orange carp in the river

Rose garden
The other gardens involve different types of flowers: lilies, lilacs, etc.

My brother and his gf are training for a full marathon and I'm training for a half.  So to stay on schedule for my run, they took me to an event that happens every week in Spokane is the Flying Irish. This a running club that they belong to which meets each Thursday at the Red Lion Hotel. There is a theme each week for dressing up and I'd say about half do. This one was A Day at the Beach and I only saw a couple of bikinis. It was so neat to stand around with 300 people who are excited to run. The people ranged from kids to elder, drunks to sober, and goofy to serious. This run was 3 mi and I'm so happy my brother's gf ran with me. Between the heat, time of day, lack of schedule, change in elevation, dehydration, and  million other factors, this was the worst run of my life. My lips turned white and caked as if I was a fiending crack addict. Fun, but very happy it was over.

Our last event was dinner at The Rusty Moose. This place had a great, unique menu. I had a blackened burger with gorgonzola and avocado, but the menu had some healthy, unique options: sliders, ahi tuna, lobster ravioli, mac n cheese, etc. So yummy and of course, no pics. When will I remember?


To top off the night, we went to a country bar with music to watch my bro and his gf swing dance. It was fun and cute to watch. I had no intentions of dancing, mostly because I can't, but one of my brother's friends convinced my mom to, which was great and a good experience for her. That was it for the day and I was absolutely exhausted. Bedtime.

















































No comments:

Post a Comment