8.29.2012

Fish and Crash Hot Potatoes


Thanks to three people: Pinterest Inventor, Pioneer Woman, and, One of my favorite people in the world, Mr. X's grandpa. He's so funny and makes me wish my grandpa was still around. I thank these people because they made this dinner delish. Gramps always gives us some treats: garden tomato plants, apples from his tree, and the best treat-- fish from the Mississippi. Tonight was one of my favorite ways of preparing the fish.
(Note: remember to begin with the potatoes since they take longer. I would go back and change the order, but it's time to watch Dexter Season 6)

Needs:
1/2 small onion
4-5 garlic cloves
2 T. olive oil
1/2 lemon
about a pound of fish
salt
pepper
garlic salt

Warm up the oil and saute onion and garlic for a few minutes.
Add fish and squeeze lemon on top
Sprinkle sea salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste
Flip after a few minutes and re-season.
One more flip and ready to eat
The second part of this meal is where I take off my No Fear hat to the Pioneer Woman. I like her food because it's Mr. X's style. This recipe is for Crash Hot Potatoes. Now, as I always change recipes and can never follow them. I turned these into Broccoli Cheese Crash Hot Potatoes.

Needs:
potatoes- as many as you need
generous amount of oil
salt
pepper
herbs
adaptation version : frozen broccoli and shredded cheddar cheese

1. Boil baby reds until they're tender-- about 20-30 minutes
2. Preheat oven to 450
3. oil the bottom of a cookie sheet
4. Smash the potatoes with a potato masher (just press down lightly, too hard will throw potato everywhere---whoops)
5. Brush the top of the potato with oil
6. Season with salt and pepper
7. Use fresh herbs- I skipped this step. PW used rosemary
8. Bake for 15 minutes
9. Add broccoli on potatoes- Bake 5 more minutes
10. Add cheddar cheese- Bake 1-2 minutes until melts

I apologize for photo quality. But dinner time was 7pm tonight and I was so hungry, I forgot to take another pic

This is what they should look like:
Source. Much better- Thanks again Pioneer Woman










No comments:

Post a Comment