8.13.2012

9x3 Today

"We turn not older with years, but newer every day." - Emily Dickinson

Today is NOT just another day. Today I turn 27. Today I am leaving my mid-twenties. Today is my birthday. As a child, I always anticipated my birthday party-- games, cake, pizza, sleepovers, and money for school clothes for a new year. As I got older, people always claimed I would never want a birthday as I escalated in years. Well, I am not officially old, but I am getting older and it's not scary yet. Instead, there are so many other great pieces of my life to celebrate.

I have money, not much, but I have some to go on an occasional trip and buy a frivolous gift for myself.
I am independent, strong, and confident.
I am healthier than in college.
I am smarter than in college.
I have a great Mr. in my life.
I am a great friend: I even got this medal in the mail today to prove it :) Thanks ReRe.




I always like to reflect and predict. This past year has been quite good, but this year will be great. I'm moving into my 5th year of teaching; I'm just getting better with age, like wine.

This year, I'll be running my 2nd half marathon. My goal is to finish without stopping. I don't care about time. This year I will reach my goal weight as I am already on my way.

I have eliminated crappy friends, and celebrated the excellent loves.

So raise a glass with me. Here's to being completely selfish today and celebrating 27 and all the great milestones/goals I will reach/accomplish this year. Also, a toast to life full of love, friends, family, and health.
Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes and love today on MY DAY :) (MY DAY= birthday, not wedding day. That would be an OUR DAY, fyi.)

No comments:

Post a Comment