8.14.2012

Lost.

I'm feeling a little lost now that my favorite time is over. No, not summer--the Olympics. I loved my routine of getting up, running, ahem jogging, showering and then watching the Olympics. One of the best parts, is in the evening when Mr. X and I watch the highlights from 7-11. Seeing Chen Ruolin diving and convincing myself I can do similar acts only to find out doing a somersault on the carpet doesn't impress my man, and I have now slammed my back on the ground. Or, commenting that "I probably can't sprint as fast as those guys doing the mile. Right?" To look over and see Mr. X shake his head and not needing to even answer me.


Where am I now going to get my make-believe superhero strengths and abilities? (see below)

I teach by day and save the world at night-- my secret is out. You're welcome.

I've also made some friends with people I haven't met and will never meet. Who will I laugh with now that Usain Bolt and I aren't having a good chuckle. Who am I going to cry with when Walsh-May-(&)-Me win in beach volleyball 3 Olympic seasons in a row.
Source I may have too much time on my hands.
What am I going to do without my Big O? Winter Olympics suck...... I must stop blogging to wipe my tears and pretend I can compete in (not just complete) a decathlon?

Also, I have extreme American pride during this time. I even referenced The Star Spangled Banner being "our" song to Mr. X. I envision us married and having our first dance to...yes... The National Anthem, while I wear some sort of sparkly flag dress.

See you in 2016, unless I am a zombie by then, thanks to the Apocalypse, I'll for sure own some decathlons and sprints if that's the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment